Cookies are small text files placed onto your computer or device as you browse the Internet. Cookies can be used to collect, store and share bits of information about your activities across websites, including on Branddocs’s websites that link to this Policy (“Websites”). They also allow us to remember things about your visit to our Websites, such as your preferred language and other choices/settings and generally make the site easier for you to use.
Branddocs uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie is used to identify a particular visit to our Websites. These cookies expire after a short time, or when you close your web browser after using our Websites. We use these cookies to identify you during a single browsing session, such as when you log into our Websites. A persistent cookie will remain on your devices for a set period of time specified in the cookie. We use these cookies where we need to identify you over a longer period of time. For example, we would use a persistent cookie if you asked that we keep you signed in.
1. Authentication and security:
- To log you into our Websites;
- To protect your security; and
- To help us detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate Branddocs’s user agreements and terms.
- For example, these technologies help authenticate your access to our Websites and prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your accounts.
3. Analytics and research:
- To remember information about your browser and your preferences; and
- To remember your settings and other choices you have made.
- For example, cookies help us remember your preferred language or the country that you are in. We can then provide you with content in your preferred language without having to ask you each time you visit our Websites.
- To help us improve and understand how people use our Websites.
For example, cookies help us test different versions of our Websites to see which particular features or content users prefer. We may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether the message has been opened and for other analytics. We might also optimize and improve your experience on our Websites by using cookies to see how you interact with our Websites, such as when and how often you use them and what links you click on.
We don’t release the information collected from our own cookies to any third parties, other than to our service providers who assist us in these cookie activities.
4. Personalized content:
- To customize our Websites with more relevant content.
- To provide you with more relevant advertising.
For more information about targeting and advertising cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit http://youronlinechoices.eu/ or allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html. Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into our Websites, you may still receive advertising content even if you opt-out of tailored advertising. In that case, the advertising content will just not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links and are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
When accessing our services from a mobile application you may also receive tailored in-application advertisements. Each operating system: iOS, Android and Windows Phone provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review the support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems in order to opt-out of tailored in-application advertisements. For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or operating system or contact the applicable platform operator.
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of our Websites.
- Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
- For general information about cookies and how to disable them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Policy on our Websites with a new effective date. If we make a material change to this Policy, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in advance of the planned change.